Blog Archive

Monday, March 30, 2009

Not just another walk in the park


Today I decided to go for a walk. Yes, a walk, an action verb quite unused by today's teenagers. But yes, I put on my walking shoes and set out do to some much needed sightseeing of the newly reborn nature (yes, bird poop is back). Now, I live in a small town of about 7 000 people, this little town is fortunate enough to have a conservation area with rabbits and deer frolicking around happily through the meadows (ok, i'm getting a bit cheesy here), but you get my point. As I was trying to enjoy nature, I came across several piles of:
  • soggy mattresses
  • old box springs
  • plastic bags filled with ''I don't even wanna know what''
  • retired sewer pipes
  • and more unknown objects
WHAT??? why are companies or individuals allowed to just throw stuff in the middle of a conservation area!? More and more species are starting to become extinct!!
Ok, not that dear and rabbits are going to be extinct anytime soon, but I think things need to change, even in little towns that nobody pay attention too :(

No comments:

Post a Comment